Butternut Squash and Salmon Curry
- 4 wild salmon fillets
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup organic butternut squash cubes
- 1 cup organic frozen peas
- 1 cup other organic veggies of your choice (carrots, cabbage, eggplant, mushrooms, green beans, snow peas, chopped in similar sizes)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (or more or less, depending on your desired spice level)
- 8 ounces organic coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, add onion, garlic, and ginger with a bit of coconut oil or butter. Sauté for 2-3 minutes; then add other veggies to the pan and cook until tender using care not to overcook or soften excessively. Set aside when done.
Combine curry paste and coconut milk.
In a separate large cast iron skillet, heat coconut oil for 2-3 minutes until very hot. Sprinkle salmon with sea salt and pepper, and place top-side down in the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Then, transfer pan to the oven for 6 minutes.
While salmon is baking, combine curry paste and coconut milk in small pot and whisk together.
Once salmon has cooked for 6 minutes, remove from oven, add veggies mixture and pour the curry sauce over the top.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Credit: Simply Real Health