Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 ¾ C. cauliflower florets, riced
- ¼ C. chopped green onion
- 2 tsp. grapeseed oil
- Garlic powder
- 2 – 3 T. chicken broth, fat free low sodium
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Black pepper
- 6 oz. cubed pork, chicken, steak or shrimp (cooked), optional
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium/medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the riced cauliflower. Stir fry approximately 7 minutes using the chicken broth 1 T. at a time, as needed, if the pan starts to get too dry.
- Add the chopped green onion and garlic powder, stir fry 3 more minutes or until cauliflower rice is tender and done.
- Pour beaten egg into the pan with the rice and stir fry until done, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add lean protein and heat through, if using.
- Serve with cracked black pepper and soy sauce, to taste.
Servings: 2 C. veggies + 2 oz. lean protein (egg) + any other protein amounts if adding meats or seafood to the dish.