Crock Pot Minestrone Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 zucchini squash, diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounces chicken or vegetable broth
- 28 ounces of can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 pounds ground meat (beef, turkey, pork, whatever you like!)
Pour the olive oil in the bottom of the crock pot. Add the prepared potatoes, carrots, celery, zucchini, shallots and garlic. Pour in the broth and add the entire can of tomatoes. Add the spinach and the spices.
Stir everything together, add bay leaves, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
About 2 hours before the soup is done, brown the meat and add it to the crock pot, mixing it all together. Remove the bay leaves before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe Credit: The Cave Girl Chronicles