Many of us want to make positive changes in our diet, activity, lifestyle and attitude to support our vision of improved-health. Why is it then, that most New Years’ Resolutions fail ? We certainly don’t start out with that in mind !
Most of us don’t plan to fail… We fail to plan ! There are many reasons for failure.
Rather than focus on the negative, let’s focus on what steps we can take to really
improve our chances for success and improve our health, or whatever Resolutions we
have chosen to take in this New Year.
Here are some tips to help you make your New Years’ Resolutions work:
- Focus on one resolution, rather than several… Write it down !
- Set realistic, specific goals. Losing weight is not a specific goal.
Losing 10 pounds in 90 days would be a realistic goal… Write them down !
- Take small steps. Many people quit because the goal is too big, requiring too big a
step all at once…
- Have an accountability buddy, someone close to you that you have to report to…
- Celebrate your success between milestones. Don’t wait for the goal to be finally
completed… What does it feel like to accomplish each step toward your goal ? You’ll
find as you complete each step, you’ll feel more confident as to your success, and
more enthusiasm & energy to accomplish the next step !
- Focus your thinking on new behaviors and thought patterns.
You have to create new neural pathways in your brain to change habits… Remember,
INSANITY is doing the same things over again expecting a different result !
- Focus on the present. What’s the one thing you can do today, right now,
that will move you toward your goals ?
- Be mindful. Become physically, emotionally and mentally aware
of your inner state as each external event happens, moment by
moment, rather than living in the past or future.
Now… Time to get to work on the steps you’ve outlined to reach your goal!
To your Vibrant Health in 2015!