¼ cup ghee or butter
6-8 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup chicken broth
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. avocado oil
4 wild-caught salmon filets about 6 oz each, patted very dry
Fresh cracked black pepper
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
Fresh lemons thinly sliced, for garnish
For the lemon garlic sauce
- Melt ghee or butter over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Add garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth, lemon juice and salt.
- Simmer mixture until reduced to 1/3 to 1/2 of original volume. The sauce will turn from a very thin liquid to a thicker, more bubbly boil.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
For the salmon
- Remove the salmon from the refrigerator 10-20 minutes before cooking.
- Heat avocado oil in a large saucepan until hot.
- Place salmon filets skin side up and cook until lightly browned on bottom. Flip and do the same skin side down until salmon feels firm to the touch (about 3-4 minutes each side.)
- Remove pan from heat and pour lemon garlic sauce over salmon. Sprinkle with parsley and arrange lemon slices as desired.
Inspired by www.40aprons.com