½ lb. raw pecans
1 cup pure maple syrup
¾ cup date paste
3 large eggs
¼ cup ghee, melted (plus more, unmelted, to grease the pie dish)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon Himalayan or Celtic Sea salt
20-24 pecan halves, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Add date paste and maple syrup to a mixing bowl and stir gently with a large whisk until well combined. Add eggs, melted ghee, vanilla extract, and salt. Resume whisking, a little more vigorously this time, until well combined. Set aside.
3. Grease a 9” deep dish pie plate and add your pie crust.
4. Spread pecans along the bottom of the pie shell and then pour reserved date paste mixture over the pecans. Gently tap the sides of the pie dish and delicately bang it on the counter a few times to remove any air bubbles.
5. Place the pie on the bottom rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden and the filling has set.
6. Arrange more pecan halves around the perimeter and center of the pie to make it extra pretty.
7. Serve warm or chilled!
Inspired by The Healthy Foodie