1 tsp. ghee or coconut oil
1 lb. ground turkey
1 apple, peeled and diced
5 sage leaves, chopped
3 teaspoon roasted garlic (or 4 cloves)
1 ½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease oblong baking pan or large skillet with 1 tsp melted ghee.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Form into flat patties and place in oblong pan to bake in the oven or in a greased skillet to cook on the stovetop.
- Bake or fry for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through and only a tiny bit of pink remains in the center.
- Place cooked sausage patties on serving dish and enjoy!
Inspired by: https://www.realfoodwithdana.com/apple-sage-turkey-sausage/