2 pounds zucchini
2 Tbsp. butter or ghee
½ cup mayonnaise, store-bought or homemade
¼ cup nutritional yeast
2 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon parsley (dried)
¼ teaspoon celery seed
¼ teaspoon pepper
Paleo-friendly crackers i.e., Simple Mills Rosemary & Sea Salt Almond Flour Crackers
- Preheat oven to 375°. Slice zucchini into ¼ inch thick rounds.
- Melt butter or ghee over medium heat in a large oven-safe skillet (cast-iron works great).
- While the ghee melts, prepare the sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, nutritional yeast, egg, dried onion flakes, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, celery seed, and pepper until smooth and creamy.
- Once the ghee has melted, add sliced zucchini to the skillet and cook until tender-crisp (4 to 5 minutes). Zucchini should still have a slight crunch to them. Remove skillet from heat.
- Pour sauce into the skillet with the zucchini and toss gently to combine. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Break crackers into crumbs. After 10 minutes, remove the skillet from the oven, sprinkle cracker crumbs on top, and return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes or until the cracker crumbs are golden brown and toasted. Serve, and enjoy!